- 1 Marvel 2033
- 2 The Story
- Set in a theoretical 'future' Marvel universe, in the year 2033.
- Player characters were born around present day.
- Action is focused in New York city.
- Myrmidon - [Outsider] (played by Kel). The Crown Prince of the Acroyears, sent from the Microverse to test his worthiness to someday become King. Is not aware that anyone was sent to watch him. He lives openly as an alien, and in Ben Grimm's house with Peter.
- Shimmer - [Janus] - (played by Micah). A young woman with the power to mimic any substance, and with incredible mobility because of this. Does not know the full extent of her capabilities. Her real name is Elizabeth "Beth" Miller. Has a part time job as an intern at Aurora Integrated Measurements.
- Hood - [Beacon] - (played by Ryan). A young man with savant-like skills as a martial artist, trained by his rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. agent grandfather. He is trying to keep his neighborhood clean from criminal influences and keep his head down. His real name is Todd Bean.
- Positron - [Protege] - (played by Derek). Peter Richards, third child of Reed and Sue Richards. Super-genius, like his father, but capable of manifesting and channeling the energies of the Negative Zone in a fashion much like his Uncle Johnny.
- The Spinx - [Reformed] - (played by Rob). A super-powered street thief/con-man who is trying to turn his life around.
- Erik Killmonger - would-be continental Africa conqueror, now charged with crimes against humanity and awaiting trial at a UN holding facility near the Lower East Side.
- Princess Zanda - former exiled monarch of Narobia, allied with Killmonger to retake her country but came to regret that decision quickly. Also awaiting trial at a UN holding facility, but desperate to make a deal of some sort.
- Norbert Ebersol aka The Fixer. Currently in the "Big House" aka the "Ant-Farm" aka the Lang Memorial Penitentiary. Ran a super-powered equipment pawn shop on the Lower East Side. He has declared his desire for revenge on Myrmidon for killing Karla Sofen (aka Moonstone).
- Karla Sofen aka Moonstone. Currently deceased, killed by Myrmidon. Ebersol's partner in the pawn shop, and in life seemingly.
- Kid Mojo. Currently doing crazy stuff in the Mojoverse. He was responsible for part of the tech that made Sefu into a cyborg.
- "Shock" Shakwat. Former leader of the Monsoon 27 Gangsters. Now working with Hammerhead Jr.
- Hammerhead Jr. Son of Hammerhead. Budding crime boss.
- Connor Kilgrave, aka Magenta. "Son" of the Purple Man. Budding crime boss. Owns a club called "Magenta".
- Mr. Lincoln, aka Tombstone. Current boss of all crime in the northeastern US.
- The FU4 - a group of villains who seem to be working with Hydra
- The Ruby Skull - a woman with a skull made of ruby-like crystal. The skull can take any form she wants. Location unknown.
- Astrid Mordo - daughter? of Baron Mordo? Thrown into the stratosphere and seemingly exploded.
- U-Roc - a troll of Asgard, with titanium steel knuckle pounders and a fondness for "A Clockwork Orange". Captured.
- The Ghost - someone wearing a heavily (and clumsily) modified version of the Ghost armor. Captured.
Characters in the Neighborhood
- Sarah Miller. Beth's mom. She is an admin. assistant at Aurora Integrated Measurements. She would freak if she knew what Beth was up to in her spare time. Never speaks of Beth's father. Has a home on the Lower East Side.
- James Miller. Beth's Uncle (on mother's side) Works as a detective in the Super Crimes Division (SCD) of the NYPD, referred to as "Blue Steel" for the suits of Stark tech armor some of the officers wear. Suspects what Beth is up to. Thinks he knows who Beth's father is, but doesn't want to upset Ms. Miller. He knows about Beth's activities.
- Benjamin J. Grimm aka "Uncle Ben". Peter (along with Myrmidon) is currently living with his Uncle Ben on the Lower East Side while his parents are off world (or maybe off-dimension, who knows?) Uncle Ben knows what Peter is up to, and has provided Peter with a hideout in the form of keys to a Future Foundation warehouse across the East River.
- Alicia Masters aka "Aunt Alicia". Ben Grimm's wife, world-renowned sculptor.
- Franklin Richards. Peter's older brother. He is currently acting CEO of the Future Foundation while his father is away. Lives in the Baxter Building in Midtown Manhattan at 42nd and Madison Ave.
- George Washington (G.W.) Bridge aka Gramps. Todd's grandfather, Once was a senior S.H.I.E.L.D. agent of some sort, but left S.H.I.E.L.D. under shadowy circumstances and has done many shadowy things with shadowy people since then.
- Mary Ann McAlister, aka Grams. Todd's grandmother. She would NOT be happy if she knew how thoroughly Grandpa Bridge has trained Todd, and that Grandpa was encouraging Todd to be a superhero. She kept her maiden name and passed it on to Todd's Mom due to SHIELD security protocols.
- Danielle Cage - Coach of the NYC regional Unlimited Class Youth Sports Team.
- Butch and Bookie - the staff at the Barber Shop. Butch is the bouncer, Bookie the bartender.
- Eddie Rimes - Mr. Lincoln's chauffeur.
- Gordo and Buzz - ???
- Devon - the doorman at the Blue Grotto
- Officer Carmichael - a "Blue Steel" police officer with Super Crimes Division. He scolded Positron for taking steps that maybe should not have been taken.
- Steve Rogers aka Captain America - Severe trauma (?) makes him think he is Sam Revere, comics artist.
Characters Not in the Neighborhood
- Carl "Crusher" Creel, aka The Absorbing Man, aka Beth's father. Beth recently forced his identity out of Ms. Miller.
- Cilicia. Myrmidon's mother and Regent of the Acroyears in the Microverse.
- Evelyn McAlister. Todd's mother, was a cocktail waitress, but was killed in a shootout several years ago.
- Todd's Father. Name unknown. Referred to by his mother, before she died, as the "sperm donor".
- The Richards/Storm family
- Reed and Sue Richards. Peter's parents. Currently off world, maybe in another universe, on extended sabbatical. They had taken Peter with them, but Peter has some kind of "space allergy" that makes him have to stay on Earth.
- Johnny Storm and Lyja, and their child Victor. Peter's uncle and aunt. Lyja is a skrull, making Peter's cousin the only known half-skrull, half-human in the universe. They live in the Interspace Free Zone, a complex of space stations at the Earth-Moon L5 point where alien cultures can set up commerce with Earth and where the various embassies are located. Lyja is the Free Skrull Republic ambassador to Earth. Vik'tor, by coincidence, just happens to mean "Strength of Shape" in Skrullian.
- Valeria Richards, aka The Invincible Woman, aka Queen of Latveria. Peter's older sister. When Victor Von Doom died four years ago at the end of what is now called World War Doom, his will granted all of his titles and the throne of Latveria to then 17 year old Valeria Richards. Surprisingly, Valeria immediately took up the throne, essentially running away from her family, and now rules Latveria. She signed the Global Peace Accord on behalf of Latveria and was instrumental in its negotiation.
- Luke Cage. Currently chairperson of the Avengers.
- "Moon Knight". A skateboard riding mysterious vigilante, seemingly part of a group called "the Knights of Khonshu".
- "Gregg". An android of some sort, arranged for Hood to help steal TESS-One from Bert's Pawn Shop.
- Agent Ujjal Singh. A SHIELD agent, responsible for cleaning up Bert's Pawn Shop. Took a chance on the Hood's information to catch whoever was trying to steal TESS-One.
- Sefu Adhiambo. A teenager who had been converted into a super-powered cyborg child soldier by Erik Killmonger in his conquest of Narobia and adjacent African nations. Freed when Killmonger was defeated by a Wakandan led United Nations taskforce. Sefu is in NYC to testify at some point before a UN war crimes tribunal against Killmonger, and has been enrolled at Obama High for the duration of his stay. His cyborg modifications were removed by Kid Mojo after the vibranium payment owed Kid Mojo by Killmonger was paid by the Future Foundation.
Places of Importance
- Lower East Side. The neighborhood in southeast Manhattan where the characters live. In the early 2000s it was becoming highly gentrified, but as the century progressed a number of local people, including Ben Grimm (who had grown up on Yancy St), fought to keep the local character as much as possible and ensure some lower and middle class housing would still be available. It is now a highly diverse neighborhood, with both native New Yorkers (of all ethnicities) and recent immigrants (some not even from Earth!) living boisterously side by side.
- Barrack Obama Community High School. Formerly East Side Community High School. The school all of the characters attend.
- Future Foundation. The organization set up by Reed and Sue Richards to maintain his patents and better the human condition. Currently ran by Franklin Richards while his father is away.
- The Warehouse. A warehouse owned but mostly forgotten by the Future Foundation on the East River in Brooklyn, across from the Lower East Side and near the Brooklyn terminus of the Williamsburg Bridge. Stores many pieces of "obsolete" (by the standards of Reed Richards) technology. There is, of course, a small underground train to the Warehouse from Ben Grimm's townhouse.
- Aurora Integrated Measurements. A medium sized high technology laboratory in Lower East Side, where Beth's mother works and Beth is an intern. Interestingly, the logo of the lab is an abstract stylized flying insect, maybe a bumblebee? Maybe a wasp? Maybe a yellowjacket? Hard to tell.
- The Dugan Memorial Holding Facility, aka the Fridge. A joint SHIELD/UN secure facility deep underground with an entrance at the small island once known as Belmont or U Thant Island in the river near the United Nations complex. Currently holding a number of important alleged war criminals who pose special security problems, such as Erik Killmonger and Princess Zanda.
- The Barber Shop. A speakeasy in a basement on 3rd Street on the Lower East Side frequented by all kinds of shadowy types looking for a place to relax. Gramps frequents it, and used to take Todd there a lot, until Grams put her foot down and he had to do it secret-like. It is completely non-descript, with only a small red and blue striped barber pole tucked in next to the basement door, and a small printed sign on the door that reads (handwritten additions are in italics):
|NO: guns, knives, bows hammers, boomerangs, throwing stars, nunchuks, weird oriental poking/slicing things of any kind, lasers (unless internal), nuclear/biological/chemical wpns, JUST NO WEAPONS DAMNIT YOU KNOW WHAT A WEAPON IS JESUS!,LMD's this means you Fury, politics, vendettas, fighting (except in the back) Two more heads might take your place, but we have a special trashcan in the back for yours|
- The Blue Grotto - a martini bar, somewhat old-school haunt of some gangsters including Eddie Rimes. Doorman is Devon "Shoot". Has a smoker's speakeasy in the basement. Has a Mermaid.
Other Items/Things of Interest
- ST: "ST" stands for SentaiToku, a messaging/chat/information sharing app with incredibly tight security used by various super-hero types, mostly younger, as a social media platform. You get into the network by invitation only through a "vouching" mechanism, where the more existing longer-term users vouch for you, the more access you have. Originally designed by students at the Pan-Asian School for the Unusually Gifted under the tutorship of Hiro Takachiho (the designer of Baymax), it has spread world-wide. Not approved by SHIELD, the Avengers, or most anyone else who could be considered a parental figure. "ST" is often used as a verb, as in "ST me the deets and I'll get those weapon specs for you", or "I ST'ed White Tiger to see if she wanted to go out, but she invisibled me."
When they first met
The group fought a giant robotic spider attacking Daily Bugle Inc. They fought together because they came to realize they were all trying to save innocents. They specifically saved Daniel Engermann, a lawyer for DBI and Sefu's legal guardian in NYC. Uncle Ben gave Peter a key to the Warehouse after this fight. They found strange, indecipherable symbols inside the giant robot spider.
(Jul 15, 2017)
- Hood notices a suspicious van and calls in the Team
- Gangmembers carrying sonic destabilizers arrive at Bert's Pawnshop
- When the team enters the pawnshop, they are confronted by Moonstone
- After a brief fight Moonstone retreats to a secret lair underneath the pawnshop
- The Team follows, and proceeds to take down Moonstone (dissipated), The Fixer (surrendered), a guy with superfists, several gangsters with sonic destabilizers
- Much 'outdated' advanced technology is damaged or detroyed in the process
- After some discussion, Myrmidon crushes the Moonstone, killing Moonstone, against the direction of the Team
- Uncle Ben and SHIELD arrive to sort things out
- The team disperses to reflect on the events of the evening.
(Aug 7, 2017)
- Sefu disappears in a flash of light. Repossession notice left behind that can be read by anyone in person psychically: "Receipt for repossession, Erik Killmonger must pay"
- Beth calls on teammates to track down Sefu.
- Hood is approached by humanoid robot to help steal a giant robot from Bert's pawnshop.
- Hood tips off SHIELD to track the robot, which he helps to steal.
- Beth, Peter, and Myrmidon chase Sefu through a portal, find he has been captured by an escaping ship, chase it down, blow a hole in the side, rescue Sefu, and run away.
- Kid Mojo appears to block the retreat.
- Peter negotiates the release of the child soldiers (sans tech) using his brother Franklin's resources.
- Hood shows up to live-stream the deal.
- Celebrate with lasagna.
- Hood meets "Moon Knight" and gets invited to meet with the Knights of Khonshu.
- The Fixer threatens revenge on Myrmidon.
Enter the Sphinx
(Sept 23, 2017)
- Fourth period biology class, UC wrestling practice, auto shop class
- Encounter with Jason
- Uncle James is in the hospital
- Uncle James reveals what he knows (Hammerhead Jr. and Kilgrave gangs), asks Beth to investigate
- Jason agrees (under protest) to help the team against Kilgrave and comes clean about his past
- The team spots a suspicious van, watching Beth
- Van disabled - fight with Hammerhead Jr. and "Shock" Shakwat
(Oct 21, 2017)
- Scolded by the NYPD
- Return to the warehouse
- Hood meets up with Moon Knight (Dwayne Tailor)
- Investigating the "Ritual of Superiority" set by the Council of Seven
- Visit Eddie Rimes (Mr Lincoln's (Tombstone) chauffeur) to learn more
- "Speak" to Eddie at "The Blue Grotto" martini lounge
- Raided by police. Escape via smoker speakeasy and teleportal
- Locate "Master of Ritual" in Mr. Lincoln's tower
- Fly into the middle of the "Mahjong" match with Mr Lincoln, Kilgrave, Hammerhead Jr, "Shock" Shokwat, Mr Jones, and a bunch of ninjas
- Mess up the Mahjong pieces
- Change the rules. Make the contest 3-way
- Teleport Kilgrave and hammerhead Jr to the Cancerverse
- Contest ended
- Kilgrave and Hammerhead Jr returned, but somehow different
- Foreshadowing the Cancerverse villain
(Nov 18, 2017)
- Beth asks Hildi about Asgard for a "school project" - finds out about a prison break 16 years ago.
- Todd and Jason hang out at the Barbershop - Gramps shows up for a meeting with "Natasha"
- Beth's Mom talks about how her workplace is in an uproar over an inspection by "Doctor Prometheus".
- Beth confronts her mom about the prison break - reveals Carl "Crusher" Creel is Beth's father when he was at the Pleasant Hill "prison"
- Jason discovers an ambush waiting to take out the Barbershop, calls in the team
- Battle with the FU4 (the Ruby Skull, U-Roc, Astrid Mordo, the Ghost) while saving innocent lives.
- Ruby Skull escapes, U-Roc immobilized, Ghost surrenders, and Mordo seemingly explodes into arcane fireworks
(Dec 9, 2017)
- Stevie aka Evie aka Nomad followed Natasha to the Barbershop, finds remains of battle with FU4
- Questioning of Hydra soldier - fail safe Hydra cell from 6th dimension
- Nomad gets a message that Fury left something in a Brooklyn apartment
- SHIELD shows up to clean up the FU4
- Beth goes to ask Uncle James about Carl Kreel
- Team investigates apartment and finds Steve Rogers and his shield - thinks he is Sam Revere, a comic artist
- Hydra-thopters incoming to apartment - tracking shield vibranium signature
- Team escapes with SR, masks shield while Shimmer mimics the vibranium to lead Hydra away
- Shimmer, Myrmiddon and Sphinx destroy/distract most of the Hydra-thopters
- Peter, Nomad and Steve go back to the warehouse and find Ruby Skull and Astrid Mordo waiting, but fight them off